Recently I have announced fellowship by the American College of Functional Neurology. Well, once again I am proud to report that I have recently been advised that I have been accepted as a Fellow of the American Board of Vestibular Rehabilitation as well. The American Board of Vestibular Rehabilitation, (ABVR), certifies qualified physicians at the fellowship level in the specialty are of vestibular rehabilitation. Vestibular rehabilitation is that area of neurology and otology that concerns itself with the diagnosis and management of balance disorders, including vertigo, dizziness and dysequilibrium. The ACFN maintains standards for competent practice in the health care specialties for which they offer fellowship. The College and board also conducts recertification designed to enhance the continued competence of accepted Fellows. Functional neurologists use and utilize current concepts of brain function to formulate brain based neurologic rehabilitation programs to treat patients with neurologic disorders. Treating patients with dystonia, ADD/ADHD, headaches and traumatic brain injuries, as well as pain, pain syndromes and other types of disorders, our office is no exception. And with further sub-specialization in vestibular rehabilitation, we would typically see patients with disorders such as vertigo, dizziness and dysequilibrium/imbalance and fall risk, disorders with which we have met with a myriad of success. More information about the FAVBR or FACFN certifications is available at www.acfnsite.org.
Subscribe To Our E News!
You will recieve a monthly email on topics related to your health. All E-News is derived from the current medical literature.
Pages on dcneuro.net
- Brain Based Neurology
- Dr. Scopelliti Blog
- Dr. Scopelliti Certifications
- Our Vestibular Laboratory
- ADD ADHD
- Brain Based Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy
- Causes of Vertigo
- Diabetes, Hypertension, Dyslipemia and the Metabolic Syndrome
- Fall Prevention
- Healthy Eating
- Meniere’s Syndrome
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Movement Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Concussion
Calendar of All Blog Posts
- TBI, (Traumatic Brain Injury) and Concussion
- Concussions and Head Injuries
- What Not to Eat: Cut the Carbs
- Fat: The Good the Bad and the Ugly
- The Atkins Diet?
- How To Not Get Dizziness
- Cholesterol, Just a Number?
- More on the Metabolic Syndrome
- Cross-Fitness/HIIT Style Training
- More on Headaches
- Blood Pressure, Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome
- Is America Totally Confused About Drugs?
- Entry Level Exercise To Avoid The Metabolic Syndrome
- Cholesterol Lowering Drugs to Prevent Heart Disease? Guess Again
- Sugar, A Neurotoxin?
- Movement Disorders
- Fall Prevention Through Appropriate Screening
- Living with Diabetes, Spice Things Up
- Age 12 Additional Years Simply through Bad Habits
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy
- Dizziness and Vertigo
- A Day Late And A Dollar Short
Search This Site
Telephone: (732) 229-5250
Monmouth Functional Neurology Center
A. R. Scopelliti, DC, DACNB, FACFN, FABVR
279 3rd Ave., Suite 404
Long Branch, NJ 07740